We know our audience is well educated about stormwater filtration systems, when regulation calls for them, and how they should be used and installed. But every year at trade shows and lunch and learn presentations, we are surprised to find out how many engineers don’t know about some benefits offered by the Aqua-Filter.
Here are a few to check out.
1. If it’s installed in the USA, it’s built in the USA. That’s right; the Aqua-Filter is built at home, as close to the installation state as possible. This allows us to deliver the product faster and more cost efficiently.
2. Installing the Aqua-Filter doesn’t require a crane. The modular construction and lightweight but durable materials mean skipping the high cost of a crane.
3. As a bonus, the installation doesn’t require special sealants for piping connections.
4. Each unit includes lifting supports and stub-outs for the inlet and outlet piping to allow for quick and simple connections.
5. A dual process, with vortex separation removing larger pollutants prior to the water reaching the filtration chamber, extends the life of the filter media and reduces maintenance requirements.
6. Independent validation should always be considered. Options include the new Total Phosphorus Removal Credit from the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality, along with NJDEP certification and NJCAT verification. The Aqua-Filter has independent field test verification and total Phosphorus Removal Credit from Virginia.
7. What storage is included for sediment? What about oil and debris? This number can help you consider the long-term cost of maintenance. The Aqua-Filter has sediment storage of up to 310 ft3 and oil and debris storage up to 1,900 gallons.
8. The Aqua-Filter works with the only EPA registered filter media for stormwater treatment. PathShield filter media offers a new approach to water treatment by killing bacteria when it comes into contact with filter media granules. The filter media is stable, non-toxic, not consumed, non-corrosive, requires no power source to kill bacteria, and is not affected by temperature changes.
9. The Aqua-Filter can be customized to work with your project. You can start with our project and system design tool at or call us to speak with our experienced, technical team of experts.
You might also like to read our comparison between NJDEP and NJCAT.
AquaShield staff keeping you up to date on the latest in stormwater solutions.
AquaShield, a Komline Company
2733 Kanasita Drive, Suite 111
Chattanooga, TN 37343
Toll Free: 888.344.9044 | Phone: 423.870.8888
© 2000-2023 AquaShield™. All Rights Reserved.